Question Why does my laptop mysteriously stop working, then works the next day?

Apr 27, 2021
I was using it in class yesterday when I thought it ran out of battery and tried to charge it. It refused to start even after being plugged in it, the battery light didn’t come on either.
I let it sit on my desk overnight and now it mysteriously charges. This is not the first time I had issues with this model, as this is actually a replacement I received 4 days ago for a faulty same model notebook PC. The previous one had similar but slightly different issues.

I wasn’t running anything special, just Chrome, Discord, and Notion (a note-taking app). I have already contacted the distributor I got it from, but they are always so slow, vague, unhelpful and I still have no clue why the first one had issues, so would like to seek some help on this.

Model: Asus Notebook PC X413E

This sounds like a warranty issue. The last think you want to do is anything that will jeopardize the warranty. That being said, it sound like you might have a thermal issue. Is the fan coming on when the machine is in use? Does it feel overly hot on the outside? Are you using it in a way that blocks the air vents? If it is overheating, it should start working again in a hour or so. Shouldn't need to sit overnight.

Apr 27, 2021
This sounds like a warranty issue. The last think you want to do is anything that will jeopardize the warranty. That being said, it sound like you might have a thermal issue. Is the fan coming on when the machine is in use? Does it feel overly hot on the outside? Are you using it in a way that blocks the air vents? If it is overheating, it should start working again in a hour or so. Shouldn't need to sit overnight.

I]

I definitely don't want to open it or anything as this is still under warranty and I am in contact with the distributor.

It generally is pretty warm, but no warmer than other laptops I've used. It's typically used on a desk in an air-conditioned room, with other students doing the same. Yesterday I tested it over the course of 2-3 hours to no avail. This also happened with the 1st laptop I got(the one that this one replaced). The first one black screened and had a line flickering until the battery ran out, after charging it worked fine ish.

This one had no signs, just refused to turn on or even charge. I'm very bewildered by it.