Why is the info from my sd card gone after switching phones??

sdlizard

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
My LG V10 died (2nd time for still unfixed issue). While waiting for the replacement, I bought this backup phone, LG Aristo. All of the information from my SD card is gone. I had a ton of pics and songs. I made sure that those things were setup to auto save to the card. I had no problem finding them last time I had to use a backup phone. What happened?? I'm totally bummed.

Well, the data may still be there, but the other phone may have trouble finding it. However, if the card has been put in multiple devices, the data could get lost.

Try connecting the phone to a computer, via USB cord, and see if you can read anything on the SD card at all. If you can't, you may want to try the following, however there is no guaranty that they will be recoverable.

There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try. There is also one called RECUVA, that I have heard is free, which you could try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

NOTE: For future reference, I really would suggest backing up your data to a computer or cloud. Often. Better to spend the time doing that, rather than to be out all that stuff if the phone dies, things get deleted/erased or it gets stolen.

Well, the data may still be there, but the other phone may have trouble finding it. However, if the card has been put in multiple devices, the data could get lost.

Try connecting the phone to a computer, via USB cord, and see if you can read anything on the SD card at all. If you can't, you may want to try the following, however there is no guaranty that they will be recoverable.

There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try. There is also one called RECUVA, that I have heard is free, which you could try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

NOTE: For future reference, I really would suggest backing up your data to a computer or cloud. Often. Better to spend the time doing that, rather than to be out all that stuff if the phone dies, things get deleted/erased or it gets stolen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 2
A Android Smartphones 6
D Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1