Why is there no setting for the graphics card in my BIOS?

niekdbgc

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
HP Pavilion G7 2200sd
Intel HD Graphics
Windows 8
I can't seem to find it. I can only find 4 tabs which are about accouts and general information and stuff. Where can i find it?

niekdbgc

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

I have like 1gb of graphic memory of which 32mb dedicated and the rest is all shared. I want to change that so i get less shared and more dedicated memory

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
ok so according to this service manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02720306.pdf p.11

you have 1 gb of dedicated video memory. this is separate from the system ram and can not be changed to system memory or system memory to more vram. if you want more system ram you will need to add more there but you can't add to the vram from what i am seeing. same page says there is an 8gb limit to the 2 ram slots on the laptop.

this is why you don't see any settings for it since you can't change dedicated ram to something else. if you are not sure what ram you would need i like the scanning tool at crucial.com. it will scan the laptop and see what is installed now and what can be added. you don't have to buy from them but it will let you know what is compatible. basically it is up to ddr3-1333 2x4gb set.

niekdbgc

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

I do NOT have 1gb dedicated graphic memory. I have 1gb in total, and only 32mb dedicated

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i'm sorry, then i don't know what to tell you :(

i can only go buy what i am seeing n the manual. you may have to call hp support and see what they have to say. but it looks to me like it should have 1 gb and it seems it does not.