why my hp laptop won't change my display settings and it stays on 1/2 monitor

Db1954

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014
how do I fix my hp laptop back to the settings they were on to stream movies from my laptop via hdmi cord to lg tv? it was working 1 day ago but hp updated my windows 8.1 but it's done that before and still worked. it stays on 1/2 monitor. help please, and it's not the cord. I've tried everything.:wahoo:

Solution
Right click on the desktop and select resolution or properties, depending on your Windows version. In the window that opens you can choose which display is the main display and in the multiple displays box you can set either to view on only one display or to duplicate or extend the displays. You probably want to extend the displays and then drag your browser onto that screen.
Right click on the desktop and select resolution or properties, depending on your Windows version. In the window that opens you can choose which display is the main display and in the multiple displays box you can set either to view on only one display or to duplicate or extend the displays. You probably want to extend the displays and then drag your browser onto that screen.

Solution