Why my laptop lag when i edit YouTube videos?

haiti954

Commendable
Aug 20, 2017
I have a MSi GS43VR with Intel i7 7th Gen CPU and Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, it lag when i edit videos in Windows Movie Maker and Sony Vegas Pro 15. It's a beast of a laptop but it seems pretty slow to edit videos and i only use Samsung SSD, do you guys know why or will a factory reset fix it?

Solution
Yeah, video encoding is very intensive. It all depends on the video codec you are using, the resolution of the video, how many video sources you are using to created the finished video, the settings you are using for the video codec and so many other things.

CircuitDaemon

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Video editing is a very hardware intensive task. It depends on what kind of files you are using, their bitrate, resolution or whatever. There's really no way to tell what your problem is with such little information about your setup.

Yeah, video encoding is very intensive. It all depends on the video codec you are using, the resolution of the video, how many video sources you are using to created the finished video, the settings you are using for the video codec and so many other things.

Solution
What others have said, plus video-editing needs plenty of RAM (real RAM I mean, not virtual memory) & you didn't specifiy how much RAM your laptop has. Less than 8GB and it's gonna struggle with video editing at high quality.

So if it struggles now because of insufficient RAM or any other less than adequate hardware, a factory reset isn't going to make a diddly-squat of difference.

agree with this.editing will consume resources like breakfast.especially if u have other programs running in the background.