Question Wifi doesnt work correctly (Dell Inspiron 7348)

Jul 19, 2019
Hello! I have an Dell Inspiron 7348, i have windows 10 on it, but i have a problem with wifi. When i turn on the laptop, it shows on the login screen that i am connected but with limited access and when i login, settings show that i am not connected. Chrome and Steam works but when i try to update Windows it shows error 0x8007042c, and also the edge isnt working. I had This issue for a very long time. Is there a way to fix it?

Well that is a firewall error. If you have your firewall turned off you can get the error. Also it can be caused when there is a virus or malware on the computer. Have you recently scanned for both (they are not the same)? The only other reason I can think of would be a registry error, but that would not be very likely unless you went in there and tried editing something yourself. Which is never wise.

Jul 19, 2019
I tried running a full scan with Avast and everything was ok - i dont have any viruses or malwares. Firewall is on, but one strange thing i noticed is that it shows that i am connected to Public network even though i am connected to my own home wifi which is password protected.

Alas it could be any number of things that are restricting it. I would go through and check all the settings. Additionally, if you could access it before, and this only started recently, then I would consider going to System Restore and choosing a restore date that is prior to the problem starting. Restore it to that point and see if this resolves it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
yt.sushant Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1