Will an Android Tablet display composite video input?

russmcmillan

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Can I use an Android tablet (Lenova Yoga) to display a composite video input? The tablet has a micro USB port. Does this require a specific app?

Solution
The Lenovo Yoga line actually runs Windows 8.1, not Android. To answer your question, though, it should. Unsure of the original Yoga, but the newer models come with a micro-HDMI out, which you should be able to use in conjunction with some form of adapter in order to connect it to a composite input.
The Lenovo Yoga line actually runs Windows 8.1, not Android. To answer your question, though, it should. Unsure of the original Yoga, but the newer models come with a micro-HDMI out, which you should be able to use in conjunction with some form of adapter in order to connect it to a composite input.

Solution
Nope! Since it runs Windows 8.1, the Yoga essentially acts as a desktop in that situation, and will display on your chosen device as if it were the monitor. Should just be a matter of plug and play, although you may need to go into Windows' display settings to configure some settings on the new display. Other than that, no apps or other third-party software should be needed.

That changes things. I'm not sure if you'd be able to hook up composite video to a micro-USB port. It should support USB OTG, but video output is a whole other matter. I can't think of much else you could do in that situation. Perhaps somebody else will have a better idea.