Solved! Will my computer be able to handle a 1440p monitor?

Nov 12, 2019
I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to monitors so it is turning out to be quite difficult for me to pick the right monitor for my laptop. I just want to know whether my laptop is cut out for a 1440p display or do I have to settle down with a 1080p. I don't plan on gaming on it, it's mostly for video editing and graphic design purposes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Here are the specs:
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U @ 1.80 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR4
Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon R7 M440 4GB

Note: I have an empty RAM and SSD slot, so if upgrading any one of those is going to make the laptop eligible for 1440p then I might be willing to invest on those as well.

Solution
you can even have 4K monitor for your laptop, monitor is just output. the performance is depends on your complexity of editing. also higher the resolution need more performance. my advice is pick monitor that meet your video editing requirements (color gamut, etc) RAM and SSD are used to increase your performance to do more complex editing

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
you can even have 4K monitor for your laptop, monitor is just output. the performance is depends on your complexity of editing. also higher the resolution need more performance. my advice is pick monitor that meet your video editing requirements (color gamut, etc) RAM and SSD are used to increase your performance to do more complex editing

Solution