Will this set up result in sound quality loss?

Masamune_Smokey

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
I'm setting up my PC, PS4 and PS3 on one desk and I would like to run the PS3/PS4 into the dual HDMI ports on the monitor, while my PC goes through the DisplayPort. Anyways, I'll be using a soundbar for the consoles sound.
Now my question is will the 3.5mm jack result in lower sound quality than if I would've run it through HDMI?

Solution
HDMI and display port carry audio information in digital form so it won't degrade the sound quality unless it's a super cheaply cable that's not shielded properly or broken, generally don't worry about the cable though.

Sound quality will depend on how good the digital to analog converter and amplifier is on the monitor.

shotgunz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
HDMI and display port carry audio information in digital form so it won't degrade the sound quality unless it's a super cheaply cable that's not shielded properly or broken, generally don't worry about the cable though.

Sound quality will depend on how good the digital to analog converter and amplifier is on the monitor.

Solution

Masamune_Smokey

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014

Oh yeah, I forgot about the HDMI. I guess I'll just go with a splitter in that case,. Thanks man!