Will virus transfer through google drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marika_1

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
So i have 2 pc, 1 new 1 old. I want to transfer a 30mb installer from the old pc to the new pc via google drive. The thing is the old pc is probably infected(very slow) BUT the 30mb file isnt (i scanned it via bitdefender)

So will the virus goes into the google drive when i upload the non infected installer, and then goes into my new pc when i download it??

Solution
virus transfer occurs when the infected files are transfered. if your files are clean, then there isnt a problem.

there maybe a problem with migration of the virus ... if it is set up to infect any new write processes, then any transfer would result in an infected file in the new location.

best thing to do is to scan the program once you take it from your google drive to make sure it is still safe.

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
virus transfer occurs when the infected files are transfered. if your files are clean, then there isnt a problem.

there maybe a problem with migration of the virus ... if it is set up to infect any new write processes, then any transfer would result in an infected file in the new location.

best thing to do is to scan the program once you take it from your google drive to make sure it is still safe.

Solution

Marika_1

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015

Can i scan the file while its inside the google drive without taking it in my pc? Using virustotal/bitdefender etc...

Marika_1

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Solution picked.
Alright then while im at it, i might as well as something. The reason i want to send this installer to my new pc is because my new pc couldnt download the installer from a website, but my old pc can. Im using google chrome, when i click download, it redirects me to a webpage "Site cant be reached".

Do you know whats the problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.