Will Vizio Wireless Subwoofer pair with any new model Vizio Soundbar?

3Trace

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Specifically, I am wondering if I purchase the base model SB2920-C6 or SB3820-C6 without the wireless sub, and I purchase the sub unit separately that comes with SB3851-C0 (the 5.1 model w/ surround sound speaker inputs on sub), through a third-party like ebay, can I expect them to pair?

From the instructions, you hold pair on the sub and input on the soundbar to connect them. All the models seem to have the input button. Also, I believe the connection works through bluetooth, but I'm not certain.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this but trying to learn.
What do you think?

Solution
The sub from the other system won't work. It doesn't have a wired input and both of the soundbars are meant to be used with a wired subwoofer.
The bluetooth on the soundbars is for receiving audio rather than connecting a subwoofer. That's why it's an INPUT button.
You can add any wired powered subwoofer or wireless one if you can get the matching wireless transmitter to plug into the sub out of the soundbar.
The sub from the other system won't work. It doesn't have a wired input and both of the soundbars are meant to be used with a wired subwoofer.
The bluetooth on the soundbars is for receiving audio rather than connecting a subwoofer. That's why it's an INPUT button.
You can add any wired powered subwoofer or wireless one if you can get the matching wireless transmitter to plug into the sub out of the soundbar.

Solution

3Trace

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

Disappointing, but that makes sense.