Win7 desktop delete

Dave56

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Have this file that may have a .txt extension... the name of it like handcrafted sterling silver necklace 22 in.
seems there is a period in the path?
This file will NOT delete. Tried rmdir (cannot find the folder)
tried del (cannot find the file)
tried handcrafted.... dir /x
does not tell me the filename!
On properties the security tab says
"The requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed." So cannot change anything there.
Tried Bitdefender, and a bunch of others-they cannot find the file or if it did- said unable to delete.
Help
and
Thanks in advance

Solution

Try File Assassin:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/fileassassin.html

Dave56

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

Thanks for your idea, have yet to try WinRar, working on that. Using Sophos, it found the file and a few other problems, yet the file remains. WInPatrol said it is a ransomware! No lock screen mess but something is causing diskcleanup to purger 1, 2 or 3 gig dumps after just completing.

Pray WInRar gets it! I am a noob at WInRar too.

Not being sure of the file name and not sure of the proper way to type the switches to find filename/path etc is yet a problem.
cmd does not delete the file, tried dir /x cannot get the name

Dave56

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

Oh joy the dvd/cd drive is missing bootmgr.
CD started SLOWLY and stopped

OY this is a ah heck

Dave56

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

I have Win7 Ultimate 64.
Great idea and again thanks for that- since the d drive is messed up, should be able to copy bootmgr and or whatever files needed in a repair mode... I hope.
Ever tried ERASER? Over-write the file a bunch and then it should be delete-able?
How do I get the properties/security tab to function? Arrgh and why would that happen?

Dave56

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

Sort of have found the file... but security tab in properties is blocked. dir/x does not show me the proper filename or I just cannot determine the exact filename. Can't identify and cannot del in any normal way.
WinRAR failed to do much- I just do not comprehend it.
The simplicity of deleting - well is just not simple. Should be but not with this.
Reckon we could talk about ransomware- hence the reason why nothing is working that should?
Thanks for the help, a friend said- just buy a new one... and well I think it would be less aggravating and costly than this.

richg67

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010

Try File Assassin:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/fileassassin.html

Solution