Solved! Windows 10 Update needs disk space - previous updates filled disk with trash and it's now stuck

Aug 6, 2018
What the title says on the tin.

I keep getting constant alerts of Windows Update not being able to download updates because of lack of disk space - however, I have NOTHING else I can delete. Disk is filled to the brim with Update trash and it keeps trying to download more updates. It's stuck on a permanent loop:

Need to Update, Fills disk with trash, Can't Update because lack of disk space.

My Laptop is refurbished. Only 29 GB of disk. And all of these 29 GB are stuffed with Windows Update crap. I'm giving up hope on this.

Solution
So it looks like your laptop comes in a variety of flavors, with the "L" version having the smallest drive space with only 32GB. Why this version is marketed as a Windows 10 capable product, I do not know, but your best solution here is probably going to be to purchase an external hard drive or check to see if there is a way to install a hard drive into the laptop, as other versions do come with larger drives.

-Wolf sends

Edit: I would note that the L402SA information I found does provide a link to the E402SA ASUS web site.

Edit 2:
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jDGjTNOEA&vl=en"][/video]
Aug 6, 2018

Sticker says L402SA but system info says E402SA. I'm no computer savvy so this issue is wrecking my brain..

So it looks like your laptop comes in a variety of flavors, with the "L" version having the smallest drive space with only 32GB. Why this version is marketed as a Windows 10 capable product, I do not know, but your best solution here is probably going to be to purchase an external hard drive or check to see if there is a way to install a hard drive into the laptop, as other versions do come with larger drives.

-Wolf sends

Edit: I would note that the L402SA information I found does provide a link to the E402SA ASUS web site.

Edit 2:
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jDGjTNOEA&vl=en"][/video]

Solution
Aug 6, 2018

I see...Thank you very much. This might be the light in the end of the tunnel after all lol

wpontius81

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

Use disk cleanup in admin tools or search for it. It should also be on the home edition. It will delete the update files, empty recycle bin, cached websites, cookies...etc.

Aug 6, 2018

Already tried that. It only cleared 10 MB.
I even used CCleaner, cleared a ridiculous amount of 120 MB only.

I have tried everything regarding "cleaning up".