Windows 7 freezing at logo preventing full boot

Comconct

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Startup sequence not completeing after reaching Windows startup on screen. Windows logo shows but freezes there.
Have done F8 and chose the typical ways to override the problem. So far, no luck. Can't do system restore either.

Any suggestions for this satellite model C675

Comconct

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Thanks for,the input. I read many possible causes and have arrived at the conclusion I need to run/reinstall Windows. I haven't called Toshiba yet, but I think my next step is to have them send me actual disks or another for the install. Only license with code on bottom came with new purchase as usual. Looks like Toshiba ought to help me with this. Any ideas on this is appreciated. Thanks.

Comconct

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Thank you. I did finally call Toshiba yesterday for a disk and/or resolution. There was a simple enough cure if I had known how. I paid a very modest fee and had directions over the phone that did not need the software. If I can remember, when turning on it was the F12 key to hold for a bit that took me to the screen showing the HDD option. I chose and option that took me to a screen with black background and big red letters that was the "you're going to erase everything" screen. This was okay because I have a cloud service with my files. I remember seeing this screen once before but chose not to erase all at that time. The eventual task was to reinstall from the recovery folder on the HDD. Bottom line, all worked out well, cost me $19, I have my files and I just had to reinstall some peripherals but not everything. Having a Google account helps a lot too.

Thank you for your helpful comments everyone.