Windows 7 installation stops in "Starting Windows" message.

claudiogc

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
Hello!

I have a Hp Pavilion dv5-2114br with Arch Linux and Windows7. Yesterday, i decided to reinstall both systems and when i put the Windwos7 dvd the installation stoped in the screen message: "Starting Windows". With USB Flashdrive Windows installation is the same problem.
If i try the same thing with Arch Linux dvd i get this message:
triggering uevents ...after a while...
worker [67] /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:11.0/ata1/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda/sda16 is taking a long time
In the bios option "Diagnostics->Primary Hard Disk Self Test" i get no error in the short and long(80minutes) test. "Memory test" the same thing.
For about one month i was getting an message error, like "Internal Battery error [601]". I changed this RTC battery and now i don't see this error again, but nothing changed with the installation.

What is going on and how can i fix this error, guys! I have many important things in this notebook!

claudiogc

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
Come one, guys! I really need your help. Do you have any suggestion or i have to create this thread in another category? I don't know if i'm in the right category, myabe "Windows7" or "Laptop General Discussion".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Jehosaphet1 Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 3
shad0walker Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2