Windows 7 mouse moves by itself and closes all windows

Omnium79

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hello, when I open IE and am browsing the web, my mouse moves by itself to either the bottom right of screen (prompting the desktop or someimes the clock to appear) or to the top right of screen (at which time it closes all IE tabs I have open without clicking anything). I have foloowed all the instructions to update drives, uninstall / reinstall the wirelss keyboard and mouse, and have run Norton which returned no results for Malware. It has taken me about 2 minutes to type this as my mouse keeps moving to the clock which stops the cursor from being in this box, and I have to click back here to continue. Whenever the mouse pointer moves on its own - it doesn't move across the screeen, it just dissapears from one spot and reappears in the other, and when it does - it clicks without me having pressed my mouse buttons. This is how it closes my IE or brings up the clock or desktop. I have replaced the mouse batteries, and cleaned the optics. I am also close to the reciever and am using a mouse pad. This only started occurng about a month ago, and is becoming more frequent. It does not occur unless I have IE open.

HELP!!

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Temporary solution: run your software in non-maximised mode, so that the cross is not at the top-right of the screen. This should at least stop the bug from constantly closing things.

PS. Use a different browser too.

Omnium79

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Thanks for the help so far. I have added the option to be warned when IE is trying to close mutiple tabs, so that way it warns me and I can just X out of the closing automatically. I will try a different mouse and see how I go.

Browser recommenations? The only 3 I know of are IE, Firefox (use this at work and like it), and Google Chrome (which I dont enjoy). Are there any others that are in your opinions better than the aforementioned?

JuceNbran

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

We have the same issue... changed the mouse and still the same.... how did you " I have added the option to be warned when IE is trying to close mutiple tabs, so that way it warns me and I can just X out of the closing automatically."

The Stealthinator

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Well you must've read the suggested solutions...

mamaheel5

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Hello Omnium79, you didn't state what type of computer you are having these issues with. I am having similar problems, just started, on an HP touchsmart notebook computer. It seems to be directly related to the pen and touch driver. Mine does it when on the internet, closes Firefox, and Chrome, as well as closing other windows not related to the internet. It does it whether on or offline, and I have everything updated and virus scanned. Very frustrating as it seems the only way I can stop this problem is by disabling my pen and touch - rendering the touchscreen part of my laptop useless.

Dec 14, 2013

I did not find any suggestions here useful. My issue was that I had a Logitech dualpad controller plugged in with my Logitech wireless mouse. Unplugged the gamepad and no more moving mouse! Hope that helps some others!