Solved! Windows Boot Manager - File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe | Status: 0xc00000f

gcplicy

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Hello, first time posting on here. The laptop I am using is a Toshiba Satellite L850D with W7 64-bit.

Two weeks ago, my laptop was working somewhat fine before bed. The next time I went to turn on or boot my laptop, I got a "Windows Boot Manager" screen saying:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings. and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your Computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer maufacturer for assistance.
File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

I have spent these past two weeks looking up solutions and trying to fix the problem, but I have gotten no luck. I am using my USB Drive as my System Repair Disk.

Possible solution that didn't work include:
Automatic Repair (Couldn't fix the problem)
bootrec /rebuilcbcd (Windows installations: 0)
- Even more failures that I can't be bothered to list at the moment.

gcplicy

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I have waited a week and still no replies. Am I in the wrong place?

I have even tried making a bootable Ubuntu flash drive and seeing if I can retrieve files from my hard drive. Unfortunately, I only find the System Reserved partition to be somewhat "normal". The other two partitions have nothing in them or close to being empty. (0.0 - 0.1% full)

Partition 1: 367 MB
Partition 2: 395 GB
Partition 3: 105 GB