windows firewall is preventing connections to your computer

Mohammadsab

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Hi there.just have a question(title).Recently got a new wifi everything was fine and suddenly this happen.Give me a solution(not an old link).This problem happened in win10.Just tell me how to fix it.
Thanks

Solution
Proof that Windows Firewall is capable of blocking something...impressive! :) (If you were given a phone number, or a link to a product, your message is fake)

Grab a screenshot (printscreen) of the warning/advisory. Best to be skeptical of such advisories, as many illicit websites/programs use fake advisories to prompt purchase of 'the cure'...

On the chance that it might be legit...

If you install Glasswire, it normally clearly states what is trying to connect...in or out, and allows easy blocking of such connections.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Proof that Windows Firewall is capable of blocking something...impressive! :) (If you were given a phone number, or a link to a product, your message is fake)

Grab a screenshot (printscreen) of the warning/advisory. Best to be skeptical of such advisories, as many illicit websites/programs use fake advisories to prompt purchase of 'the cure'...

On the chance that it might be legit...

If you install Glasswire, it normally clearly states what is trying to connect...in or out, and allows easy blocking of such connections.

Solution

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Usually, if a Wi-Fi has a weaker password and you are in a relatively busy environment, I wouldn't be surprised if you got out targeted by some attempts to break in. The firewall does its job. As Mdd mentioned, some pictures or more thorough description could be beneficial to determine if it is an actual problem or not.

mdd1963

Distinguished
And, with a cold full reinstall of Glasswire, apparently all the Firewall rules are reset, so, Windows Firewall was blocking even some Chrome access, along with about everything else under the sun today at first connect, so, it now seems to operate under the 'block first, ask user to decide' principle...which is good, IMO..