Windows Mobile 6.5 Not Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sialac

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
From what I've seen online, it seems that 6.5 is just an interface update of 6.1. Would it be better just to wait for version 7 instead?

Microsoft by the way should stop jumping on the touch interface bandwagon, and concentrate on providing a more responsive experience on their mobile OS. Thoughts?

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Maz, many phones will now launch as 6.1 phones and then offer free 6.5 updates after launch. M$ delayed the launch so long that the phone makers are stuck launching new hardware with the old OS.

There's alot of nice WinMob phones coming out, many of which are currently on HTC's site.

As for 6.5 itself, it's a nice update and actually I disagree with the OP, touch-screen focus is what M$ has needed since the Audiovox and UT Starcomm devices, the tiny X and tiny menu options are terrible on what were already limited screens. Having used the HTC Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia and currently Palm Treo Pro, and a dozen previous WInMOb phones I can say that it's about time. I like the Treo Pro, but mainly because I can navigate easily with the metal ring and not have to use the Stylus, and I say that as someone whose still using a Kyocera 7135 which is 6 years old and is about as geared to touch screen as any WinMob 6.1 device.

Yes the good thing is that new HTC devices like TOUCH PRO 2 and Touch Diamond 2 support WM 6.5 also if u look @ new HTC phones from Touch Diamond 2 till now,u will see that they have changed a lot from past making them a reasonable/good choice.
Although WM phones doesn't support MultiTouch/Capacitive screen (currently) but lets not forget that WM has unlimited options of customizing

timlayton

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Windows mobile 6.5 will be released any day now... I think this is very exciting and one of the best features is the mobile marketplace that will be available right on the phone.

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003

Actually so does the original Touch and the Palm Treo Pro, I tested 6.5 on them earlier in the year.

And yes it is nice. Alot of better devices out there means competition which means more push for RIM and Apple to make better products for the next gen. :sol:

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I wish Verizon would already release WM 6.5 on HTC TP2. Sure there are cooked ROMs but I don't want to have my warranty voided. It would be different if I could save my current ROM state and re-flash it if I don't like it. Kind of like an disk image.

Status
Not open for further replies.