Windows Movie Maker does not detect all sound properly?

King_Barrion

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
So, recently, I've been recording using Dxtory, with the Lagarith Lossless Codec, as it enables me to record both sound in game and mic audio. So I recorded a playthrough of a game and it plays fine in Media Player, but when I moved it to Movie Maker, Only my voice was the same volume, and my In-Game sound was not there or barely hearable at all. I recorded it at 48000 Hz at 16bit, stereo for both game sound and my mic. Is Media Player just not able to see this sound, or what?

Thanks,
K_B

King_Barrion

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
I've tried 3 different recorders which could support Lagarith Lossless Codec, Avidemux, VirtualDub, and Anri-Chan, and they all had the same issue that Movie Maker is encountering. Only my narration is able to be heard, while the game volume is unhearable. While recording it in Dxtory, I set it up to record via two channels. I also recorded another video to check if it was an isolated issue, at 41200 Hz, but the issue happened again. Could it have something to do with recording it at a low volume in my headphones? :??: