Windows Not Detecting New Mouse Drivers?

G

Hello,

So I just bought A brand new Acer Aspire s 13 s5-371-52jr and I'm having this really odd issue where windows 10 is stuck on the default windows driver for the touchpad and not detecting the newly installed synaptics driver. When I try and install the synaptics it says its installing for about 2 seconds and then says its completed but even after a couple of restarts its not showing up as an available driver. I even tried installing an elantech driver and its the same issue, im just stuck with the windows default. I cant seem to find anything about this anywhere else so I'm looking for some solutions.

P.S. I also browsed around the driver file and the synaptics driver is in fact installed and it should be compatible because I got it straight off of the Acer site.

Solution
Since this is a brand new laptop, I would really suggest contacting the manufacturer about the problem. Yes, you can make some changes and alterations yourself, but you would have to be careful not to void any warranty.

It is totally up to you. :)
Since this is a brand new laptop, I would really suggest contacting the manufacturer about the problem. Yes, you can make some changes and alterations yourself, but you would have to be careful not to void any warranty.

It is totally up to you. :)

Solution