Windows Phone 7 is Finally Officially Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightcrawl3r

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
That's great news, and wow millions of hours of stress test! I think Microsoft is working really hard on Windows Phone 7 OS and I hope they succeed!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
With that many man hours into this phone's OS it had better have a full browser (with flash), direct x/open GL acceleration, multi touch capabilaties, outlook/exchange active sync, the kitchen sink and a bag of chips!

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
reason that that they had that many man-hours of testing is they gave away phones to all its employees. at least in the US.

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
I've been torn between a Samsung Galaxy S and the Iphone4. Now comes Win Phone7.. I'm thinking about waiting for it.. Worth it?

crossbow82

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Can't wait to try one out. I asked a mobile carrier's sales rep at a local Fry's when they'll get them and he tried to sell me an Android. I knew he wanted a sale, but I just let him finish his spiel and said thanks. He didn't even ask me which carrier I was currently using... hehehe why else would I just ask such a simple question.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
ya know if Windows Phone 7 will auto update your password on an exchange server account without locking you out every time it expires..., I'm sold

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I'm just glad Microsoft was able to stick to the schedules, while receiving additional feedback from the beta test and incorporating fixes.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
OK, so the OS is important, but it really comes down to the features of the hardware. If all WP7 devices have 5MP Cameras then this will be a let down because that hardware is so old.

Also, why has there been no updated articles regarding the new Symbian^3 OS? Isn't the N8 about to launch in the next couple of weeks? Whats the review and expectations of that line?

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]reason that that they had that many man-hours of testing is they gave away phones to all its employees. at least in the US.[/citation]

There is a difference between devices used for testing and devices given to employees as perks or enticements. Also, weren't the phones given to employees the KinOne and the KinTwo? Correct me if I am wrong but those devices don't even run WP7.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, let's see how easy it is to write apps for on WP7. If it's any good, I can see devs writing apps for Windows Mobile than either Android or iOS.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]With that many man hours into this phone's OS it had better have a full browser (with flash), direct x/open GL acceleration, multi touch capabilaties, outlook/exchange active sync, the kitchen sink and a bag of chips![/citation]

From what I remember, they had some pretty amazing looking games for it. One that looked much like a RTS from the PC but on a phone. Of course it has to have the hardware to back that support.

So if it does support it maybe then a Atom based smart phone can take advantage of it.......

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]AngelRaiter[/nom]I've been torn between a Samsung Galaxy S and the Iphone4. Now comes Win Phone7.. I'm thinking about waiting for it.. Worth it?[/citation]

Get an iphone4.
(don't call me a fanboy...I only have an iPod and an htc xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.