Windows Xp vs Windows 10 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.al

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I have a application (I created) running on a I7-4■ 790 processor in a B85m-e motherboard with winxp its cycle time is 9 minutes. On a i7-8700k processor in a Z370M motherboard with win10 the cycle time is 10:54 minutes. To completely cycle thru the application the winxp machine finishes in 4 days the win10 (with a much faster pro) 7 days. My question is can I do anything to the win10 machine so its performance is comparable to the winxp machine. If not can I install winxp on a Z370M motherboard. (the no IDE support stops me)

Both systems, winxp and win10 are installed in machines not connected to the internet or is ANYTHING added no anti virus, no adobe, nothing zip nada

Solution
WinXP a 32-bit app runs native, under Win10x64, it runs a translation layer, so will be a little slower, 4 v 7 days is a lot and something else is causing the issue and I would look at the coding, no disrespect intended of your coding skills.

das_stig

Distinguished
WinXP a 32-bit app runs native, under Win10x64, it runs a translation layer, so will be a little slower, 4 v 7 days is a lot and something else is causing the issue and I would look at the coding, no disrespect intended of your coding skills.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.