Solved! WinRAR error - The instruction at 0x80024785 referenced memory at 0x25c61000. The memory could not be written.

Kryalis

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hi, recently I have encountered a problem with WinRAR, everytime I try to open it, it comes up with the message "The instruction at 0x80024785 referenced memory at 0x25c61000. The memory could not be written." and my only option is to just exit out of the message window. I've updated winrar, uninstalled it and installed it again, ran an sfc /scannow in CMD, but none of that has fixed the issue. What can I do to fix this problem?

Solution
If no other applications are reporting a similar error and your system passes some memory testing then the issue is still likely to be with WinRAR.

Go back to the WinRAR link and doublecheck that you did download the correct version of WinRAR.

If correct, then the next step is to select "Feedback" and send a report a bug to the developers.

Just copy and paste the information you posted here in Tom's. Add your system specs as well.

Hopefully someone at RARLAB/WinRAR will respond.
If no other applications are reporting a similar error and your system passes some memory testing then the issue is still likely to be with WinRAR.

Go back to the WinRAR link and doublecheck that you did download the correct version of WinRAR.

If correct, then the next step is to select "Feedback" and send a report a bug to the developers.

Just copy and paste the information you posted here in Tom's. Add your system specs as well.

Hopefully someone at RARLAB/WinRAR will respond.

Solution