Wired or Wireless Headphones

erly_Cuylers

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I never have used headphones much but I am going to need a pair. right now it's between Sennheiser RS 180 and Sennheiser HD595. my main concern is the audio quality of the wireless being on par with the wired. is there a difference?

thanks

you might also want to think about adding a 3rd option to that list.

audiotechnica ath-m50. do a search you will find many great reviews on it. a few even stated that its one of (if not) the best under $300

erly_Cuylers

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
would audiotechnica ath-m40fs be substandard to the audiotechnica ath-m50's.?

what I'm getting so far is Sennheiser HD clean almost sterile sound but no bass as loud as you want.

audiotechnica ath fuller low end and bass but slightly colored sound
and maybe not as loud as you would want it.

thanks

luccha

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
you should try it at the store before making any decisions. . .online reviews tell just one opinion

if you like bass, you should take a look at the beyerdynamic 770 pro, they're really nice

i believe the ath-m50 is the flagship (top of the line) model that they sell in a studio monitor headphone.

you are right, they do have a better low end then some other headphones i've compared.

they sound quite a bit more accurate than other phones i've had so i dont know what you mean by colored.

as far as loudness goes... i can crank it up on a phone or mp3 player to be painful....not sure how much more you want! its only 35ohm if i remember correctly. any higher resistance headphone may not work at all or give you even lesser volume without an amp. keep in mind getting a fiio portable amp might help in such cases (but is NOT required with the athm50)

@luccha

absolutely true. we can only give our opinions on products we have dealt with ourselves. what i may like may definitely differ from anyone else. checking it out yourself is always best but not always possible.

all i can say is that its the best pair of headphones that i've owned so far.... and that for the price i thought it was a good deal.

probull3t

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Don't waste the extra money on 595's. They are exactly the same as 555's except they are missing some foam that can easily be removed from the less expensive cans.

Google 555 to 595 and you'll see what I mean.