Wireless rear speakers in a regular 5.1 setup

tomert007

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hi,
I just bought a new apartment, with a "strange" layout, and now I need some advise how to connect my rear speakers without any signal cables, but I have power close by. It's an ordinary 5.1 setup, Onkyo amplifier, front speakers and center. I want to connect a transmitter to my left and right speaker output from the amplifier, and a receiver at each rear speaker. Power to the rear speakers is no problem. The distance from the amplifier to the rear speakers is about 6 meters, about 20 feet.

I would greatly appreciate any advise and suggestions, my wife just told me running cables the long way around is not an option:-( I don't worry so much about the cost, I just want, well I've been told, that cables are not an option, so I would be happy for all good ideas:)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Tom

tomert007

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Thank you so much for your answer:wahoo:

I'm almost there, but I need a solution with one transmitter and two receivers. I found a solution from Amphony, but there was some problems shipping to Norway!? I will try to sort that out with Amphony.

If I'm not able to get the Amphony solution, I will try the Dayton Audio you suggest. I guess if I buy two of them, I could connect the way I want to.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Tom