xbox 360 emulator, real or fake???

N-ninja

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Right, so i came across this emulator, heres the link, all is good, until you download it, and it says theres a new update...

boxemulator.com

i really dont think this is real, but i saw game play futage of it advertising some game... worth a shot i guess, xD

Solution
I say fake for sure. Just look on youtube for Xbox, PS3, etc. emulators, tons of videos showing people using them but they are all faked. I wouldn't try it unless you do it on a spare computer or virtual machine.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I say fake for sure. Just look on youtube for Xbox, PS3, etc. emulators, tons of videos showing people using them but they are all faked. I wouldn't try it unless you do it on a spare computer or virtual machine.

Solution

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Just tried to install on virtual machine.
It is the usual garbage, you get directed to fill in "offers" and it seems to be endless. Really don't understand what the end game is for these people other than to generate traffic and clicks.

EchohcE

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
No one has a working Xbox 360 or PS3 emulator yet. Our computers aren't strong enough to emulate it in software yet. I think the closest is Xenia for the 360.

MasterChief86

Estimable
Dec 13, 2016

There is one site I've been visiting since 2005 just to check on what's been emulated and what's not. They are usually really fast on updating and putting links to the latest emulators along with a brief description of the console (not the emulator). If it's there it's the real deal but back in like, 2011, i read there something that said in order to emulate something like ps3 or xbox 360, we'll need a super computer. it's been 6 years already so idk, maybe it is a possibility.

Hoodyracoon

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

Huh? There are working emulators for both 360 and PS3, for a couple years now(though not really working great till recently)