Xbox 360 to Score Modern Warfare 2 DLC First

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hardly surprising as the PC version is a very basic console port and the PS3 is regarded as a harder system to deal with for developers.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Is this just going to be more content for the multiplayer portion of the game, or is IW going to expand on the single-player portion of the game as well? I would rather not wait for CoD8, or MW3, or whatever, to find out what happens to Soap and Price.

Do not get me wrong, I do enjoy the multiplayer portion of the game, but I paid $150(for the Prestige Edition, because I can) and I would have liked to see more single-player content than what IW provided. Still, what was given was good.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
so PC users will be forced to wait? having already been given an unfinished and shoddy port?
ive tried to remain positive about this game, but IW seem determined to alienate their PC fanbase.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Sorry but this is OLD news. Back before the launch of MW2 Infinity Ward had already stated that the xbox would get the DLC (Downloaded Content) first.

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
I could care less. I was so disappointed with this game. Even my girlfriend who isn't even into FPSs said "Really!? Is that it!?" I'm glad I got it as a present and didn't actually pay money for it. Got it with the "special" Xbox with the 250Gb drive. I liked it far more than the game. All I know is that it will be a distant bad memory once Mass Effect 2 comes out at the end of the month. If you haven't gotten MW2 yet... DON'T! Well, maybe after it hits the $10 rack or used or rent it.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I dont think many PC users care about who gets it first, many many people seems to be disapointed with the game anyways. Big pricetag and yet short gameplay for the singleplayer fans and no dedicated servers for the multiplayer fans, MAN did IW & Activision screw their pc fans over in the name of even more profit! Seems a certain CEO's greed knows no limits!

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
PC gamers dont care... more people pirated MW2 for PC then bought it and they might pirate the DLC too, or they could save couple of hours and bandwidth and go buy Battlefield (which is at least not screwing PC gamers on purpose).... other who actually bough MW2 for PC, I hope learned their lesson and will not dump another penny into IW's pocket. I hope IW learned the lesson to not screw with PC gamers ( i could only imagine how much extra money they could've made by just implementing a few feature that PC community asked for)

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
If the current trend of DLC is continued, it will just be a few (normally 3) MP maps and a few more perks, they don't tend to add anything to the SP campaign. PC users don't care, MP on this is garbage and IW know PC gamers are not interested in its MP offering it is badly broken compared to their earlier offerings (this is why it was so badly pirated, no one wanted to pay such an extreame price for a 4 hour SP with a garbage MP)

Xbox owners will enjoy it probably, the don't know the benefits of true dedicated servers and therefore don't know better, and don't realise just how much they are being ripped off for a few maps.

Perhaps the PS3 owners will be a bit miffed, but really this game is dead already, the death bell had been rung before the game was launched for any terms of longevity

deathtank

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I dont know why IW went Console only for DLC 1st...When the PC put them on the map..
I know players pirate games because you cant rent a PC game or try it out b4 you buy.that's the only thing that sucks about the PC vs Console. Consoles you can buy a used game and if you dont like it return it, as long it's used, new on the other hand tough luck...
I can only wish that pcs went they way of the console for support.
I hope that big company's like EA, Blizzard, Bioware to name a few dont go the way of Console's 1st then PC's...

Fod GOD sakes they make console games on PC's...LOL

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
DLC was most likely targeted at their biggest market first. PC gamers just have to accept that there are far fewer of them than the console kiddies. A 199 dollar console is easier to come by for most folks than a 199 video card and all the hardware that you would need to surround it to make enjoyable game play. A majority of who would read an article at TH would scoff at the notion but yes.. not everyone is willing to spend 800-3000 dollars to play video games at their computer desk in spite of the higher quality game experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.