Xbox Live Says Autistic Boy Cheated

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazn1337

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Ignoring the M rate games played by the child, there has yet to be any evidence on the kid's actual cheating.

If he did, then yes this should be the way things are. However, if not, I hope that Microsoft is able to see an error on their part and simply return it back to normal.

imapc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I'm going to go with cheater, oddly enough. I don't think most people are really above that sort of thing, especially if they have a handicap to start out with.

imapc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Simple11[/nom]People can cheat on consoles? Like are we talking game exploits like 'roof boosts' or we talking hacked games?[/citation]

That concept is new to you somehow? Are you serious? lol But to answer your question, both are easily possible.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
hmm maybe he did cheat? just because he has a disability doesn't mean that he can't... autistic people seem pretty intelligent so go figure.

kaosnkorruption

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
How does the boy's autism relate to the actions taken by Microsoft? The boy's autism also shouldn't have an influence on Microsoft's decision as to whether or not they will reverse their actions. Why is this even an article?

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
[citation][nom]imapc[/nom]I'm going to go with cheater, oddly enough. I don't think most people are really above that sort of thing, especially if they have a handicap to start out with.[/citation]

Actually Autism does not always pose a handicap that would affect gaming, it can actually increase focus and determination leading to better gaming results.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]kaosnkorruption[/nom]How does the boy's autism relate to the actions taken by Microsoft? The boy's autism also shouldn't have an influence on Microsoft's decision as to whether or not they will reverse their actions. Why is this even an article?[/citation]
Because they felt like putting it up. No one is forcing you to read it!

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
That's like calling a boy who was born mentally retarded a cheater because he defeated a chess master in chess, in which he fairly defeated him (maybe with lots of extra time).

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Is there a possibility he cheated? Maybe. Personally, I think the kid has just got very good at playing games. Especially if thats all he does. But MS is hellbent on branding him a cheater. Bad publicity for them, I guess.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I would hazard a guess that his scores tripped some sort of bot filter. Mastering a game in 3-4 days could easily lead to suspect scores in games. Then again...it's a console, who cares :)

G

he could have been hacked. My little brother had his XBox Live account hacked and his gamer score jumped up to like 80,000 from 16,000 overnight. he received the same treatment this kid did. Microsoft labeled him a cheater and reset his score to zero. And when we call to complain we get no where. they simply would not buged on it. I have been hacked on XBox Live before as well had 5000 microsoft points disapear overnight with a lot of DLC downloads for games I did not even own. Microsoft basically told me tough break and said they could do nothing about it. but back to what happened to my little brother we had to basically start him a new XBox Live account so he could start from scratch again and re-earn the lost achievements. Microsoft really needs to work on their security issues becase I believe this kid must have been hacked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.