XFX HD Double D 7870 will not allow voltage unlock... I have tried every trick there is.

Thaggernafle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Method 1: MSI AB /xcl

Change shortcut on desktop properties to /xcl. Takes setting changes and asked to reboot... I delete shortcut and reboot. Open AB then tick unlock voltage control and monitor in settings. Restarts AB... NO LUCK!

Method 2: Change CFG File

Go into the Directory and change in cfg file:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1

STILL NO LUCK!

I went to regedit and changed eplu or what ever to 1

I do not want to beat a dead horse but my friend has his setup (Intel as mine is AMD) with absolutely no problems with same card. Other info: FX8350 CPU, XFX 550 Bronze 80 PSU, Asrock 990FX Extreme9 mobo. Please Help!!!

Thaggernafle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

How would you find it?

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
should be written on the pcb

or if it came with software that may tell you the revision

though in my case it was easy as the first revision had a black pcb and second a blue pcb

really annoyed me as neither gigabyte or the retailer made any mention of voltage locking them

still a great card but they should be made to say if they voltage lock them

Thaggernafle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

Well I have F.0, locked voltage. He has A.2, Unlocked voltage. Thanks and problem solved.. in my case. F.0 IS NOT unlockable. Maybe a BIOS update? Probably would brick it with my luck!