xps1530 w/ vista video output just stopped working

Juice_em

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
I have sony bravia led tv and my xps1530 just stopped working(hdmi) one day and now nothing works as output...vga to tv under pc mode shows signal from pc is unrecognizable. Why would it just stop working? I dont think and microsoft updates occurred but I have no new programs and have not allowed any changes. I have a monitor for my desktop, connected to it via both ways as well and it will not show anything either. It boots up because I hear the chimes from windows as it comes to desktop. I cannot see what is going on...one time on our living room samsung projection tv it showed the please determine what kind of output u want to achieve with this 2nd connection and I chose recommended option of making them the same. I cannot see a thing. Please help

I was hoping you'd say "yes it works" so I could rule out the laptop's graphics chip, but from what you say I suspect that's what it is.
The graphics chip inside the laptop has failed I think. If it has, that means a new motherboard. But unless you can do the job yourself it would be cheaper to buy a new laptop since the screen is broken too.

Juice_em

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015

i downloAded vista service pack 1 cuz they said smoother but i read it crashed all video outs...any chance that is what it is?