Yamaha RX-V769 loss of video output after a power outage

Jul 24, 2018
I have a yamaha RX-V769 receiver with HDMI inputs from an Xfinity DVR box, Apple TV, sony blu-ray and XboxOne. The receiver outputs to a panasonic plasma TV. I've had the same setup (except for the xobxone which was purchased last year) since I bought the receiver in 2016. It has worked perfectly until last week. While on vacation, a passing storm led to power outage of several hrs. When I returned home and attempted to watch TV, I found that no matter what input I picked there was no picture, but sound. However if I plugged the devices directly into the TV, everything displayed as expected. I tested the HDMI's and they all seem to work perfectly. I've unplugged the unit, removed and replugged the HDMI's, nothing. I've performed a hard reset of the receiver, and still no picture. I also had an older yamaha receiver(RX-V663), which I used in a similar set up in another part of the house which is having the same issue. Any other suggestions to try other than sending them in for repairs/replacing them. Both set ups were plugged into power strips with surge protection. The only affected devices appear to be the receiver.

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
The only problem here is the receiver. All devices are working well. Since you've mentioned that it happened after the storm, there is a possibility that there are parts or capacitors that had been damaged. It's best for you to bring this to a service center to further check the issue. Or if there's no chance of having it repaired, just replace it with new one.