Yellow Tint - cause?

borjawil

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
I have a samsung un46es6100 - model series is the es6100. TV software up to date. Messed with all the color/display options, etc. So when on a channel the static is not just white and black pieces but also yellow. When connected to my xbox the white areas are yellow. Just got the tv so this all I've connected to it. Decided to play a game and as I played it seemed to get more yellow.

When the tv boots up the "SAMSUNG" is white. When I click my joystick (no remote) on the back of the tv to enter menu options all options are white as they should be. When I test the screen with the screen test in the menu options, the image is of a beach setting and the clouds are yellow among other things. Another thing I noticed is that there are static type lines in the middle edges of the screen. However, they are not always there. They are there during static on the screen and the picture test. They are also there when on the XBOX home screen, but only on two of the screens. You can swipe between menus left and right. The lines will be there on the first and 3rd menus but not the 2nd and 4th. I think its due to more yellow tint on those menus but not 100% on that.

Took the back off the tv disconnected and reconnected everything. Unplugged and replugged all video connectors from the xbox. No change.

antoine21839

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Check if the "BlueLight" option is set to off.
This is an option to reduce blue light (because scientist has proven that reducing blue light helps you sleep, blah blah blah...) and when it's turned on, your screen becomes yellowish.

borjawil

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017

I have not found a "blue light option" feel free to guide me to it. Hard to believe its a component and not a setting when the "SAMSUNG" start up is white and the menu options are white. What should I check in the service menu?

Also, new symptom I've noticed, when in RGB only option - red and green show up fine. In blue only mode the screen is fuzzy like I experience occasionally. Im suspecting an issue with my blue led component. Any idea what I need to do to confirm or replace? Part number?

TRENDING THREADS