Youtube loading issues

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hey all!

Basically I have decent internet speed (11 mbps up), and no matter what I do the videos I try and load,they take forever and often stop 5-6 times. when I open the info in the video it ranges from 63kbps to (if I'm bless by the gods) 800 kbps. I've cleared my cache and I'm not sure what to do.

Specs:

i5-3570
Asrock B75M-DGS
16gb cosair v ramm
sapphire 7950.

all help and advice will be warmly welcomed! and thanks in advance :D

The Stealthinator

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Well first thing is your internet speed is not 11 mbps and up :)

Speed would depend on whether your internet connection is shared or dedicated only to you. If it's shared, and many people are using it, it will slow down your speed.

Also depends on speed at youtube servers at the other end.

Video settings.

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

haha I do apologize, i meant 11 mbps down. long night XD and I hope its not there severs cause it has been this way since i moved here (a little over a month), I live in a populated area, I can't see why youtube servers would be so slow or why they couldn't handle the traffic (based on the hopes that becasue this is a higher populated area they'd have better servers, as I said "based")

we do share internet, but when the other computer it is definitely not hogging all of the internet.

also when I download games from steam I do get the steady 11mbps or in that area, so I'd assume its their severs. ubt for this long??

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

I've done speedtest many of times and often get the same numbers (11mbps down) but when I pull up task manager to moniter the wifi useage on youtube adn no other application running that uses internet, its never goes above 3 mbps, and as I've said when I download from steam I get 10-11 mbps. so I'm at a loss.

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

I have noticed on some videos some load a lot faster then others, it tends to be the more popular uploaders that take the longest.