YouTube won't play any videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samarth1234

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I use YouTube a lot and since yesterday I have not been able to play videos on any of my devices. On my iPad and iPod touch's YouTube app, I get an error message saying "Video playback error tap to retry." No matter how many times I tap it, I get the same message. On my Windows PC I get a error which says "An error occurred." Any ideas?

Solution
YouTube is a robust platform. It's usually pretty easy to fix a connection issue to the site. You'll first want to clear your browser cache and cookies on your desktop or mobile device. Most of the times this will fix your connection issue.

Another solution would be to go to your control panel and open up internet options.
vfiTM7I.png

0VPYyiP.png

Click on the advanced tab of the internet options window then click on "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset".
ZJegTDR.png

Still having problems check out the tutorial guide by one of our expert moderators.

Mizo Zizo

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
ok 1st try to sign off your google account from all the devices and try using youtube .if it worked then something is wrong with your google account
if the problem still there , reset your router

Samarth1234

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I tried what you told me but the problem still persists. I did try resetting the router many time but the results are still the same as a matter of fact I had switch off the router for like 10hrs. I still have that problem.

Mizo Zizo

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
Did you try switching to another sort of connectivity like 3G ? Try connecting the laptop through different network other than yours and check what happens.
If it worked then probably you need to update your router firmware.

Samarth1234

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Yes you are right. I used my iPhone as hotspot and YouTube works perfectly. My router is D-Link DSL-2730U. If you don't mind can you please tell me how to update my router firmware?'

Mizo Zizo

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
i really don't have the expertise to clarify for you how to update your router's firmware . but you can ask around the forum in network department . certainly someone will give you a link or explain to you what to do
if not you can always google it.it's easy it will be like a single file that you will execute through your router settings it self .the 192.168.1.1 gate .but you will need LAN connection . you can't flash your router via wi-fi obviously

Samarth1234

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I updated my router firmware but the problem still persists. However my 6 year old laptop is able to stram YouTube movies on chrome but my iPad, iPhone and my windows desktop is not able to stream it. Kinda strange.

Username100

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014

I had the same issue and it was resolved after clearing cookies, data, and history in Safari settings.

doji97

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012

try checking your routers settings it might be blocking the youtube videos from playing :wahoo:

selemjc

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I'm having the same problem except i have a motorola router. The videos won't load at all and it's just the video everything else works just fine. i turned off all of my extensions on chrome and refreshed the page and it worked. I reset all my extensions and everything returned to normal.

Ekajindustries

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
So sorry about the repost I have now idea how this works. Anyway I have the same problem and it started the same day yours did so it might be a bug or something. Also my friend has the same device as me and YouTube still works for her. I can't play any videos on safari or Google chrome either.

Sai Hseng

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
I have the same problem but this is what fix my problem.
I go to setting -> Wi-Fi -> your current wifi --> forget this network
You might try to connect to the network again after that but i turn off my ipad and then when it's back on connect to the wifi again and that solved they playback error for me.
hope it help.

Anondrumous

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
Hey guys,

I had been searching for an answer to this problem as well. In my situation I was using an iPad 4,4 (mini2 retina) and trying to connect using a dlink dir-815. All Internet activity would work except for streaming video. Videos would always buffer endlessly.

I solved the problem by turning off the 5ghz band and using 2.4 GHz only.

This is the only solution I've found. I determined the problem was with the router as videos would stream when the device was tethered to an iPhone.

Cheers

Hackerguy

Estimable
Feb 28, 2015

Well I had the same problem for a long time but by leaving the home button and off button on my iPod which turns It off. Then turn It back on and sign out. Try whatching a video reply to me if it worked

Tauheedprince

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi
Just jumping into the conversation
I am facing the same problem.
My YouTube application is not running videos.
It says
Play back error ,
Tap to retry
And it doesn't run even after retries.
But my friend's phone is not facing this problem.
Mine is iphone 5s and friend's is Samsung.
So it means there is no issues with my wi fi connection

Please help

Thanks in advance

Samrocknroll

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Guys its simple..if ur on wifi..go to wifi column and click dat setting icon..which looks lyk a circle with i on it...and den der wil be dns column...change dat dns to google dns gate...which is. 8.8.8.8 .. And den press return key and den try youtube app..u wnt face d probs

Status
Not open for further replies.