ZTE Maven won't power up, battery is non-removable. Now what???

RJ__fedup

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
My ZTE Maven was purchased less than 3 weeks ago. I powered it off last night, and I cannot get it to power up this morning. You keep saying take the battery out, but the instructions say the battery is non-removable. Now what?

Before trying this you may want to make sure your phone is charged up.

Hold the power button and "both" volume buttons down, at the same time.

Do not let them go until you see the red light.

This should reset the phone.

You may have to try this a second time and then turn on the phone.

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I held down all 3 buttons until I saw the red light. The first time I did it, the red light blinked. The 2nd, 3rd, & 4th times the red light just came on and has stayed on and is still on. The phone is plugged into the charger, but it won't turn on. Ugh

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Yay! I figured out how to REBOOT my ZTE.... Remember it wouldn't charge or turn on and when I applied the suggestion of holding both the power and 2 side volume buttons down simultaneously until I got a red light that didn't do it for me either. I figured I had nothing left to lose so I held down the power button and bottom side volume button for a while and my screen came on but soon switched to a white box with "FTM" written in the center. I have no idea what that meant. So, I decided to switch buttons and this time while holding down the power button I held the top side volume button and in a few seconds a REBOOT screen appeared with several options including instructions on how to use/select them. I selected the reboot option and low and behold my phone not only came on, ALL of everything, data, pics, contacts, home screen folders, bookmarks, text msg, VM, email....ALL of it came back!!! Maybe I'm not the first one to figure this out, but I wanted to share it, so hopefully you will have the same positive results!!!

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Just wanted to add another tidbit of info. I've noticed that if I keep my display light check-marked on AUTO, that my phone doesn't get blistering hot... maybe the hot battery is the culprit to begin with. I don't know. I actually know very little regarding technology or troubleshooting, I just got lucky and fixed my problem. And hopefully, it will stay fixed.

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Radargirl

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016