1080p Video lagging on vlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Harvey

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
Hi I system restored my computer, and now when I open gopro (1080p) videos in vlc it starts to stutter and lag after around 15 seconds. It never use to lag before I system restored. It isnt my hardware limiting it as it is all new. I believe it couldby drivers maybe? my gpu drivers etc are up to date however so I am unsure and asking here. THanks

Solution
How did you check that the drivers are up to date?

If you just look at what the Windows device manager tells you, that is very likely not the latest driver.

Go to the video card maker support site and install the drivers from there. I suggest checking for all newer drivers, motherboard shipset, audio, video, storage, USB, etc...
How did you check that the drivers are up to date?

If you just look at what the Windows device manager tells you, that is very likely not the latest driver.

Go to the video card maker support site and install the drivers from there. I suggest checking for all newer drivers, motherboard shipset, audio, video, storage, USB, etc...

Solution

Zandakar

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

Everyone always responds with the same stuff... did u update your drives etc.

None of those methods worked for me...
If , like me, you have a laptop with 2 graphic cards and you have set your VLC to the "good graphic" card.... go to the catalyst anc change it to the low card (intel in my case) and it should get back to being perfect.

Just like Dezider said but the opposit fixed it for me from High performance to Save Energy

TechGuide

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Reinstalling VLC media player worked for me........Also it has only problem with vlc.....media player classic and windows media player just works fine for me.......

Brian_273

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
POWER DVD works fine. This is a VLC problem. I hate to see these volunteer projects go bad, but VLC has been releasing slow versions for a couple years now. I have a top of the line graphics controller. It's VLC. The least they could do is warn us of a slow version, though god knows who has a fast enough computer if mine won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.