1234 and space arent working

Dion600

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
1234 en spacebar arent working unless i hold down the FN button on a few toshiba laptops i am pretty sure its not a hardware issue but a software because i have it on a few diffrent laptops its really weird someone knows whats up?

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

And if that doesn't help try replacing the Synaptics Drivers.

Dion600

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

Already did that and external keyboards work fine i have this problem with several laptops

tuckerrat

Prominent
May 27, 2017

tuckerrat

Prominent
May 27, 2017
My girlfriend's Toshiba satellite L775 laptop keyboard had issues with the 1234 and spacebar not working unless the FN Key was invoked. After buying and installing another keyboard (didn't help) I found an update KB4013418 Synaptic pointing device that I removed from the control panel/program/uninstall a program/view installed updates......find this KB4013418 and uninstall it. she got her keyboard back. Not sure if this update will come back again. I'll have to remove it again or try to stop it from installing. anyway, this worked for me and she gets a shiny new keyboard .
Bob

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crowley91 Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 7
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4