6 apps full internal memory serious help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanita1

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
Is it normal to have only 6 apps loaded on my j5 before your internal memory is 93% full? Seriously 6 apps? Iv read sd cards no longer stores apps which doesn't on mine. Iv set my sd as default yet doesn't seem to save apps I'm lost now I'm sure I can use more apps without filling up my internal? Or use more apps somehow just not sure how. A little help please...
Tia

Solution
Only phones running Android "Marshmallow" can store and run apps from the SD card, and even some of those don't because the manufacturers restrict this option. That phone comes with "Lollipop" but should be upgradable to "Marshmallow". If you can upgrade it and get to to allow the instructions included below, you should be good. If by some chance it won't let you do the change for the card, then the only option you would have is to save photos, music, videos, etc to the card as to free up space on the phone.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped)...

Juanita1

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
I have also deleted those other files that ain't needed or I don't use and I pray I don't end up actually needing those to function something properl. They were mostly uploaded by Samsung I don't use any of them e.g. hangouts. Health. Google talk. Google txt.etc etc still not much diffs.

Only phones running Android "Marshmallow" can store and run apps from the SD card, and even some of those don't because the manufacturers restrict this option. That phone comes with "Lollipop" but should be upgradable to "Marshmallow". If you can upgrade it and get to to allow the instructions included below, you should be good. If by some chance it won't let you do the change for the card, then the only option you would have is to save photos, music, videos, etc to the card as to free up space on the phone.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

In regard to the apps you don't use, many that come on the phone can't be deleted/uninstalled. You can, however, usually disable said apps. Go into "Settings" then "Apps" and then "All Apps". Scroll and locate the ones you want to clear out and disable. Tap on the individual apps and make sure to tap the "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" buttons until both are grayed out. Then tap "Disable". Now those apps won't be running/using data unless you enable them and they shouldn't be included in your updates either.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.