Accessing my TVs HiFi system from my PC through the home network

Joachim_1

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
Hey y'all

I need some help setting up a home network. I have a windows PC connected to LAN/internet via a UTP cable.

I'm interested in buying a smart TV, which I'm only planning to use to stream video and audio to from my windows PC.

Most importantly, I plan on adding HiFi speakers to this TV, and I would be interested in sharing these speakers with my PC. Someone suggested buying a receiver for this part, that would be wirelessly connected to my LAN, but I have no idea how I would actually set this up and use it.

Thanks for any and all advice, I'm a technology novice and I could use pointers for the simplest solutions.

Solution
If you want to play files that are on your PC your TV could do that if it was DLNA or can run the Plex app. An external streamer that had either would work too.
If your want your desktop on the system then a wireless HDMI solution would work.
You would not have to use an AVR unless you want better audio quality or wanted to play music with the TV off.

Joachim_1

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

Thanks for the reply.

So, my PC will be streaming audio to my HiFi system and video to my TV, through the AV receiver.

My PC won't have a wired connection to my AV receiver. My PC only has a connection with cable to my home network's router.

So I will need the most reliable way to get input from my PC into my AV receiver, through the home LAN.

If you want to play files that are on your PC your TV could do that if it was DLNA or can run the Plex app. An external streamer that had either would work too.
If your want your desktop on the system then a wireless HDMI solution would work.
You would not have to use an AVR unless you want better audio quality or wanted to play music with the TV off.

Solution