Acer Aspire ES13 (ES1-311) microphone malfunction

Zigh2005

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
Hi everyone.

I just bought an Acer laptop supposedly Skype certified.
The thing is that, the people i try to have video chat with don't hear me at all.
They hear very well the sound of my keyboard when i'm typing on the other hand...
I am running Windows 10 64bit (clean install).
I obviously checked the microphone was enabled, the driver was up to date, the volume was up, checked the driver's possible issues with Windows, etc, etc...
Even reinstalled the driver from Acer official website.
I checked Skype's settings as well of course.
Nothing seems to be wrong... The system says : the microphone and the driver work perfectly well.
Then when i try to record myself with the voice recorder app i can hear loads of static and my voice barely audible at the back.
Can someone tell me if they had such an experience and if there is a solution?
I am thinking at this point that the microphone is just faulty, but i would like to make sure there is no other solution before going through the hassle of returning the PC.

Thanks for you help.

Solution
The only way to confirm the microphone is faulty is if you use an external microphone that has been tested to be in proper working condition. If the external mic works fine then the internal mic is faulty. If the external mic has the same problem, then it is most likely a driver issue.

Can you borrow a headset from friends / family / work?
Hi,

Please do try boosting up the level of your microphone and see if that will do the trick.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Recording Device.
- Right click again on Microphone and click Properties.
- Once open click on Levels tab
- You should see Microphone level and Microphone Boost.
- Try to adjust them both and click Apply then OK.

Zigh2005

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015

Zigh2005

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
Hello,
Thanks for your answer, but i did that already, the only thing i get is higher static noise...
I sound like the microphone is somehow burried inside the computer.

The only way to confirm the microphone is faulty is if you use an external microphone that has been tested to be in proper working condition. If the external mic works fine then the internal mic is faulty. If the external mic has the same problem, then it is most likely a driver issue.

Can you borrow a headset from friends / family / work?

Solution

Zigh2005

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015

Hi.
Thanks for your help.
I did try my iPhone earpods on the jack and the microphone was alright.
So i guess it means my built in microphone is faulty...
;/