I was playing SC2 yesterday and then the screen just went black and I tried to Restart my laptop and the screen is still black. I've tried holding down the restart button on the back and nothing seems to be working. Any help would be great I have an V3-572/V3-532 series. Thank you.
Edit: I see some people get the ACER logo to come up but I dont even get that. Just darkness.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others who had the same problem that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.