Acer Beep Code - Then Boot

Benevolence

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello!
I have recently upgraded the CPU in an Acer Aspire 5336 laptop. Upon completing the upgrade, the system will post and boot after about 1-2 minutes of continuous tone with 1-second beep pulses (with no pauses in between beeps).

Computer *eventually* boots into Windows, and temps are within normal ranges.
Bios upgraded from 1.04 to 1.14.
Any help for eliminating this terrible beeping sound? Resetting the BIOS w/ jumpers will buy me 2 restarts, but then the problem starts all over again.

I have tried resetting the BIOS, upgrading the BIOS, swapped RAM, checked the fan, etc...
I think this might be a mismatched hardware alert; is there any way to turn it off?
Upgraded the CPU from a Celeron to a Core2Duo. This model has included both CPU models.
Once booted, everything works fine, but there is that annoying 2 minutes of h*ll before it will boot.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well just like these costom boards we use in builds even if it a socket 1150 don't mean all 1150 cpu's will work unless its stated it will under a certain bios

and if acer's bios only supports lets say the chip that's in it from the factory and don't give a bios update for others it not going to work..

lets say my asrock board supporte 4 i5 chips under bios 0102 and above and then these other i5 chips may only be supported under bios 0240 and above so if I get the chip that's only supported with the 0240 bios and my board comes in with 0102 bios I'm screwed until I flash it to the 1240 bios ..

so acer controls all this and you need to stick with what they have on there cpu list for you computer

Benevolence

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
It's a CPU which ships out with the same model, also with a proven track record for upgrades. I'm aware of the bios conflict, however it seems to be resolved now.