Acer Beep Code - Then Boot

Benevolence

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello!
I have recently upgraded the CPU in an Acer Aspire 5336 laptop. Upon completing the upgrade, the system will post and boot after about 1-2 minutes of continuous tone with 1-second beep pulses (with no pauses in between beeps).

Computer *eventually* boots into Windows, and temps are within normal ranges.
Bios upgraded from 1.04 to 1.14.
Any help for eliminating this terrible beeping sound? Resetting the BIOS w/ jumpers will buy me 2 restarts, but then the problem starts all over again.

I have tried resetting the BIOS, upgrading the BIOS, swapped RAM, checked the fan, etc...
I think this might be a mismatched hardware alert; is there any way to turn it off?
Upgraded the CPU from a Celeron to a Core2Duo. This model has included both CPU models.
Once booted, everything works fine, but there is that annoying 2 minutes of h*ll before it will boot.

Benevolence

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
The Acer Support page for this particular model is:
http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers/3288;-;Aspire%205336

I forget which document, but while as it does not directly say you can swap out CPU's, it mentions that Acer does not whitelist CPU's on the bios, and lists SockP/800FSB as compatible. Sent the machine out today, crossing my fingers it doesn't come back anytime soon with a bad case of "the beeps".

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well just like these costom boards we use in builds even if it a socket 1150 don't mean all 1150 cpu's will work unless its stated it will under a certain bios

and if acer's bios only supports lets say the chip that's in it from the factory and don't give a bios update for others it not going to work..

lets say my asrock board supporte 4 i5 chips under bios 0102 and above and then these other i5 chips may only be supported under bios 0240 and above so if I get the chip that's only supported with the 0240 bios and my board comes in with 0102 bios I'm screwed until I flash it to the 1240 bios ..

so acer controls all this and you need to stick with what they have on there cpu list for you computer