Acer E 15 won't power on! Not even a year old!

KMS827

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
I'm having the exact same problem !
Blue light on front left is on, it's plugged in, but I have a black screen and no signs of life. It worked fine yesterday.

Solution
Acer are notorious for this type of problem.

RMA the laptop in as it would still have warranty, if you do get your money back pick another brand eg. Asus or Dell.

I'm sure most would agree by saying the quality of Acer has had a significant drop over the last 7 years.

KMS827

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

KMS827

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Hi there ! Thanks for such a quick answer!
I'm not tech savvy at all. What does RMA mean?
I just talked with someone at Acer. Since I'm under warranty, they are asking me to send it to them to repair.
I said I wasn't comfortable sending my computer to them with all of my baking and other personal info on it.
First the rep said they would probably have to reset my computer by wiping my hard drive clean and not to worry.
I said I didn't want that to happen either!
Eventually he said I could remove the hard drive and send them the computer without it. They have extras in the shop, he said, that they could use while figuring out what is wrong.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

Send it in for repair with hard drive, or without?

Ugh!

RMA is Return Merchandise Authorization, Which is just a fancy term used in IT for returning the laptop to the manufacture.

About the data, I would recommend making a copy onto a USB drive or an External Drive. I know it sounds like a pain but it's better than losing the data.

I'd also recommend you copy everything onto two separate drives so you know you have everything although this is only a recommendation.

You don't have to worry about your personal information. There are systems in place which prevent that data getting close to anyone who repairs the laptops.

KMS827

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

KMS827

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Thanks, again, very much!
The laptop is black. Dead. Won't turn on.
I watched your YouTube vid on how to remove hard drive and since they suggested it, that's what I'm going to do.
So frustrating tho! My iPhone was just replaced under warranty and I need to get onto Apples site on a computer to get my stuff from the cloud - only to find that now the laptop isn't working. I envy the knowledge you tech people have. It's worth it's weight in gold!

Not sure why you've blankly quoted to conversation. If you're trying to select the solution you need to click the green button.

Solution