Nov 29, 2020
So my Acer Swift 1 won't boot up, there are no sounds of fans or hard drives loading however the keyboard will light up. Here are the troubleshoots I have done with no success.

1. Reset button on the back for 60 seconds.
  2. Power button for 60 seconds at various times.
  3. Removed battery then heled power button for 60 seconds, then replaced the battery, and then proceeded to power on without adapter. (keyboard light up but nothing else works)
  4. Removed battery, then heled power button for 60 seconds, I didn't replace the battery, but I plugged in the adapter and proceeded to power on the laptop. (keyboard lights up but nothing else works)
    5. Unplugged main battery and CMOS battery, pressed the reset button for 30 seconds, plugged both batteries back in, and still got nothing.
I have no idea what could be wrong :(
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020
I think you have already done the logical things to try. I'm afraid your next step is a repair shop. I believe taking it apart and poking around would be counter productive.
I plugged a HDMI cable into the laptop to see if anything would display on a second screen, and yep it does. So looks like the screen on the laptop isn't working. Windows, Linux, and drivers won't pick it up. I suppose if I want to use the laptop away from a monitor or a TV I might have to get a new screen for it. At least I've figured out the problem, was driving me crazy. :)

Glad to hear you figured it out. Well done! If you decide to swap the screen yourself, there are likely videos to help you. Be very careful with the internal connectors and use good anti-static (ESD) procedures so you don't damage anything. Wearing a grounded wrist strap is important.

It is also possible the cable is bad. When you open and close the laptop the cable to the display gets flexed and may have broken. I know of no easy way to test the cable except to try a new one.