Acer won't install windows after factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yungallstar09

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014
I tried restoring my acer aspire one to factory settings and now when I turn it on I get a screen saying "setup is starting services," then a popup comes up and says "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." After I get that I click ok, and it restarts but the same thing keeps happening no matter what I do. Can someone help me with this please.

junkimunki

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

Hi was experiencing exactly the same with my Acer Aspire 5336, I have no disk with this laptop as it was
pre-installed, but having come across this info on this forum I must say how impressed I was when everything was restored, with all my files being baked up on the c/: drive.
press alt+f10 on start up screen then decide which option u require hope this helps
junkimunki

junkimunki

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

Hi was experiencing exactly the same with my Acer Aspire 5336, I have no disk with this laptop as it was
pre-installed, but having come across this info on this forum I must say how impressed I was when everything was restored, with all my files being baked up on the c/: drive.
press alt+f10 on start up screen then decide which option u require hope this helps
junkimunki

Curlbethd

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

Hey, I just wanted to ask if you fixed it in the end because the same thing is happening to me :/

Bertha2004

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014

Daly27

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
junkimunki

[/quotemsg]

Nothing hapoens when I press alt10 any more advise people ? I'm stuck at the setup is starting services page..

gezza22

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015

Nothing hapoens when I press alt10 any more advise people ? I'm stuck at the setup is starting services page..[/quotemsg]

gezza22

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
Unfortunately I have no answer to this but am desperately seeking one as I am having the same problem and alt+F10 does nothing

gezza22

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
This worked for me (so far anyway)
If this doesn't work try next step:
SHIFT-F10 to bring up command prompt.
type: CD C:\windows\system32\oobe
type msoobe
enter
Make a generic account and password. hit finish (if it requests a product key and you have one, enter it now. if OEM/No key required, just finish). Set time/date. Finish.
Restart.
Should be good to go.

apriltwo

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015

----

It worked, Thank you !!

monae28

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015

I'm having the same issue and I got the command to pop up but it just says c://windows/system32

CatMafia

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
I'm having the same problem.
I have done shift+f10 and gotten the command prompt to pop up. But when I type CD it just says C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Please help

Sanele_1

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015

Courtney_3

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

U saved my life!

NatashaDoll

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015

I did this and it worked to restore but I lost all of my backup files :( Is there anything I can do to recover the pictures and music?

DORINEL

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

U ARE THE BEST !

balong18

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

Mellb25

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

I followed the steps but do I type it going across all together

Status