Adobe Web Premium CS4 Prerequisites

pdiffley

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I am thinking about getting Adobe creative suite to make a website but am not sure how much knowledge of HTML and other things you need to know before you can really use it. Any suggestions?

Solution

Hi pdiffley, I use web premium as well. I didn't know squat about the different web standards or even begin to to make a website. So I checked out some training options and there are basically two things to choose from. The first is Total Training which is a dvd but only about six hours of training and then there is the Advanced after that, which is another six hours of training for a grand total of twelve hours of training. I haven't used this method but it is probably fairly decent. I use the second method and that is...

sparkman

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010

Hi pdiffley, I use web premium as well. I didn't know squat about the different web standards or even begin to to make a website. So I checked out some training options and there are basically two things to choose from. The first is Total Training which is a dvd but only about six hours of training and then there is the Advanced after that, which is another six hours of training for a grand total of twelve hours of training. I haven't used this method but it is probably fairly decent. I use the second method and that is lynda.com which for dreamweaver (the program that designs websites) has about 24 hours or training. Now this website is based on a subscription fee. So being a premium member gives you access to exercise files which I highly recommend. Otherwise there is the basic member which just gives the videos.

Probably both of those videos would give you enough knowledge of dreamweaver and associated things to be able to design your own website.

Hopefully this helps three months later, and good luck with your own website.

Solution