Adobe's Muse Software to Make HTML5 Authoring Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyQril

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Muse is actually great, am a noob designer and needed something like Muse to design with HTML5 fast and then build background base code with dreamweaver

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I like what Adobe has done with InDesign. I have used it many times to produce commercial flyers for a company I worked for. Sounds like a nice interface for Muse and is more like the good thinking that came from Macromedia who made the best UI.

I wish Adobe had not bought out Macromedia. Or I wish that Adobe would have been forced to donate Fireworks to Gimp. Adobe has done little with those properties compared to what Macromedia was doing. Which is good in that Adobe has not mutilated Fireworks too much since they owned it, but bad in that it has not been developed into the Photoshop killer it should have been.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I'm not paying $180 annually for this. Either I can buy it 100% and it's mine, or else I don't want it.

Software/entertainment rental market has been failing miserably for years because no one can stand the crap. What makes them think they can succeed where everyone else is already failing?

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]thecapulet[/nom]Either I can buy it 100% and it's mine, or else I don't want it.[/citation]When you "buy" it, you're not buying the software, only a license. The license says so. Buying the software (with all copyrights, trademarks, and patents) from Adobe will cost a lot more than just $180.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Pffft, Notepad++ costs $0[/citation]
Notepad++ license may cost $0, but you're not getting the rights to the ownership of the software at that price. The same is true for most any "free" software including those with GNU GPL or BSD-style open source licenses. Besides, EditPad is better :D

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Notepad++ license may cost $0, but you're not getting the rights to the ownership of the software at that price.[/citation]

GNU GPL gives you the right to use, modify and distribute the software (as long the software or its derivative is distributed under the same license). What's missing there?

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]This monthly subscription thing smells like an anti-piracy measure to me.Although, I did just fart.[/citation]
Yeah... and I'm sure it'll be cracked soon enough. (oddly enough, it's not on bittorrent yet.)

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]GNU GPL gives you the right to use, modify and distribute the software (as long the software or its derivative is distributed under the same license). What's missing there?[/citation]The right to change the license. Only the creator can do that (including releasing it under multiple licenses).

Status
Not open for further replies.