Alcatel pop 4 system storage

Carogryn

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Hi, I've just bought an Alcatel pop 4 with 8gb of internal memory. I have no photos or videos or music stored in the phone, however the system storage claims to be 5gb. I've got almost 3gb worth of apps stored in the internal memory (they're all the ones I can't move to the SD card for some reason). So I've got problems with reaching a limit on internal memory.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Solution
Solution

Augumented_Ethan

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
I've got a similar Problem with my Pop 4. I expanded the memory with a 16GB SD card, as I download many apps and enjoy taking many photos. I integrated the SD card as internal storage, however, all of the photos and videos remain on internal memory, with no sign as to how to transfer them to SD card (I've tried many things). Along with this, my phone constantly tells me my storage is full, and disables me from updating apps and download games despite having roughly 300 mega bytes of storage left, which would easily fit the small update, and even though they would download straight to the SD card anyway, that is if it allowed me to. It's very frustrating, and I would appreciate a solution (if there is one).
Thanks.

MartinMcL

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
Hello to all that have just bought this phone. I had the same issue with purchasing and then realising that the memory is only around 1gb after system storage and google updates. I've got a few tips that could help though...
First of all do go out and buy a microsd card (16gb £8 in whsmith) and install as an internal memory. really easy to do, the phone guides you through and it only takes a few minutes...
Get rid of google chrome (starts at around 70mb but eventually jumps up to 200mb over time). go to settings>storage and usb>internal storage>apps scroll to chrome and you can 'force stop' by clicking on the top right 'i' button...this resets back to factory settings; and then disable the app. Now install 'opera mini' from the play store. It gets saved on your new internal storage.
You can download messenger and that gets save onto your new internal memory too.
Then go back to settings>storage and usb>internal storage>apps and scroll to other google apps you don't need... for example youtube (just view on your browser), google play music, google drive, facebook.appmanager, google play movies. follow the instructions above and it will get rid of a whole load off your system storage to increase your ram.
I also got rid of gmail and use the onboard email client that came with the phone.
Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS